Abode Respite Services Inc.
Abode's ability leaders will take part in an interactive course that will allow members to expand their role within abode and...
- develop new and existing Leadership qualities to access strengths and abilities to best give back to abode's membership and community
- creation of teachable programs for other members, leading programming for other members
- leading programming for other members that highlight ability leader's strengths
- discussion and brainstorming on barriers within society contributing to discrimination of people of differing abilities within our community
- content creation that supports awareness and advocacy for people of all abilities in our community
Ability Leaders will receive a certificate outlining the completion of this program to add to their resume
Abode's Ability Leaders must be an active member of Abode Respite House and have an active weekly spot reservation.
Cost: There is no cost associated with this course. Lunch provided at no cost.
When: This course will run 1st and 3rd Tuesday monthly 10:00am-3:00pm
Dates: Aug 4, Aug 18, Sept 1, Sept 15, Oct 6, Oct 20, Nov 3, Nov 17, Dec 1, Dec 15